We have made one whole week of BBQ and we will hope you will join us!
Start the week off pigging out at 3+ participating Blairsville eateries and enjoy unbelievable BBQ flavored dishes and a chance to win the grand prize, $500 in Blairsville dining gift cards! This Swine & Dine BBQ Week runs from September 26-October 1.
Next, get fired up for the Blairsville BBQ Cook-Off on October 29th from 4-7pm at the Farmers Market. Purchase a $5 Official Taster Ticket and sample and vote for Blairsville's Best BBQ and hang around for live music by Struck By Lightning and a good time with the Blairsville Cruisers Car Club. The cooks will have BBQ plates available for hanging out or to-go so bring your family and friends! **Rescheduled to October 29th due to Hurricane Ian**
Here's how the Swine & Dine BBQ Week is done... Pick up a Swine & Dine BBQ Week "passport" from the Chamber, Smokeout BBQ (our sponsor), or any of the participating eateries. Pig out at 3+ eateries during the event from September 26-October 1st and get your passport stamped. Turn in your completed passport to the Chamber by October 3rd at 5pm to be registered for the prize - $500 in dining gift cards, that's $25 from each participating eatery. One winner will be chosen at random and announced on October 4th.
Go ahead and begin your meal planning for the week, you will want to dine with Blairsville Restaurant Grits & Greens, Chill & Fill Cafe, Dam Good BBQ, Jim's Smokin' Que, G&G Bakery, Lala's Kitchen in the Mountains, Longhorn Steakhouse, Lucky's Taqueria & Cantina, Mike's Seafood Market & Grill, Papa's Pizza To-Go, Rib Country, Sawmill Place, Smokeout BBQ, Sushi Shack, Teppanyaki Time, The Aviator Cafe, The View Grill, Vincent's Copper Top Restaurant & Pub.
Things to keep in mind:
1. Eateries may run out of their BBQ specials. Make sure to get there earlier the next day and thank the restaurant workers for working so hard. Please be extra nice to our restaurant workers.
2. There may be a wait. We would be surprised if there wasn't a wait, there are some unbelievable BBQ dishes be served up.
3. Tip like a boss. Restaurant workers are working harder than usual during the BBQ Week, tip them well and show them how much you appreciate their service. Remember, these are our neighbors and friends, tip them at least 20%.
4. Buy additional food and drinks. Grab some fries and baked beans, and a drink and make the meal complete.
5. Dine in or take out. Many restaurants are offering these BBQ dishes to-go also so there's no excuse not to participate.
Must be 18 years of age to participate in the Swine & Dine BBQ Week. Diners can only receive 1 stamp on passport per eatery visit.
A BIG shout out to our official BBQ Cook-Off sponsor, King Ford, and to our Swine & Dine BBQ Week sponsor, Smokeout BBQ.
Thank you always to our Pivotal Partners - Union General Hospital, River City Bank, United Community Bank, Grandaddy Mimm's Distilling Co., Nelson Tractor, Visit Downtown Blairsville, Cozy Cove Realty, and Homestead Hospice.