Part-Time Dining Hall Prep Cook
Position SummaryThe Part-Time Prep Cook will work as a team member preparing meals and desserts, stocking and preparing next shift/day menu items, helping with dining room set up, dishwashing and end of day cleaning. The Prep Cook will report directly to the Crew Chief and the Culinary Manager. This is a 29 hours per week non-exempt hourly position. Hours include 2pm-7pm and weekends and holidays. Hours may vary based on business need.
Position Responsibilities• Complete assigned tasks in the allotted time to ensure meals are served on schedule and at correct temperatures.
• Assists in preliminary preparation of meals by successfully following direct instruction, recipes, or prep sheets.
• Possess basic knife skills and knowledge of basic health standards for food preparation.
• Assist Culinary Manager in ordering food and kitchen supplies by noting depleted stock.
• Responsible for stocking the deliveries of frozen foods and produce.
• Assist with dishwashing and cleaning of kitchen at all times.
• Clean dining hall at the end of each meal, including sweeping and mopping at the end of the day.
• Clean pots and pans in back kitchen.
• Collect and dispose properly of all trash and recyclables at the end of each shift.
• Assists with table set-up and break-down as directed.
• Assists in other operations as needed.
• Must practice proper food handling, sanitation, safety precautions, and personal hygiene.
Education and Experience Requirements• Minimum of high school diploma preferred, but not required.
• Two years cooking experience in a full-service or family-style restaurant required.
• ServSafe certification preferred.
• Must have dependable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
• Knowledge of care and proper use of standard and commercial kitchen utensils and equipment is required.
Position Skills/Aptitudes• Must possess a friendly disposition, as cooks have direct contact with guests.
Physical DemandsThe position requires the employee be able to walk unaided up and down hills and over uneven terrain, bend, stoop, and have use of fine and gross motor skills. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls and to speak clearly and effectively. Ability to work standing for at least 8 hours a day and lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
ApplicationsPlease submit the following materials by e-mail to email@example.com, or by USPS to:
Human Resources ManagerJohn C. Campbell Folk School
One Folk School Road
Brasstown, NC 28902
1. Interest statement that details your position relevant experience and skills.
2. Your contact information.
3. Contact information for three references. At least one reference must be a professional reference.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. John C. Campbell Folk School is an EEO Employer. EEO employers are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
At the Folk School, the health and safety of our team is our number one priority. That’s why all offers of employment are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to pass the pre-employment requirements. The Folk School complies with all federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.