Guest Room/Housekeeping Attendant
The primary function of a Guest Room/Housekeeping Attendant is to support the success of the hotel by providing the guests with a safe and clean environment both in the guest rooms and public space. This is accomplished by meeting the expectations set forth by management and the hotel’s brand. This Guest Room/Housekeeping Attendant is integral to keeping guests safe by using appropriate cleaning measures; keeping the environment clean and welcoming through diligent cleaning of guest rooms and common areas; and making guests feel welcomed and comfortable through successful, helpful, and friendly guest
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Along with complying with all laws, company policy, brand standards, the following are the Essential Functions of this
1. Complete all Duke Hospitality, brand, and departmental/position training.
2. Treat all co-workers with respect, dignity, and in accordance with Duke Hospitality’s culture of Everyone Matters.
3. Treat all vendors with respect, dignity, and in accordance with Duke Hospitality’s culture of Everyone Matters.
4. Treat all guests and customers with respect and dignity and in accordance with Duke Hospitality’s culture of:
Everyone Matters, and be empowered to guarantee their total satisfaction.
5. Maintain professionalism at all times.
6. Ensure all transactions with guests are handled legally and ethically.
7. Maintain security and control over assigned rooms keys and room access.
8. Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times. (Uniforms to be provided).
9. Stock a housekeeping cart daily, sometimes more than once a day, with adequate supplies needed to clean assigned
10. Notify supervisor or manager when there is a shortage of supplies in advance of immediate need.
11. Arrive at the assigned area at the scheduled time prepared to clean the assigned area.
12. Perform daily duties of cleaning guest rooms, guest bathrooms, public space, public bathrooms; change bedding
(bedspread, sheets, mattress pads, blankets, pillow covers, etc.); dust all areas of the guest room and guest bathroom;
clean guest bathroom (including sinks, bathtubs, showers, and shower curtains/doors.
13. Assess light fixtures, television, remotes, radio, food preparation equipment, and heating/cooling units for proper
operation and notify the appropriate team member/manager if any of these items need attention.
14. Vacuum guest room and public space carpets.
15. Maintain a clean and well-organized cleaning cart.
16. Maintain the equipment used to perform the job duties and notify the supervisor or manager immediately of any
damage or malfunction beyond daily wear and tear.
17. Maintain up-to-date, accurate, and clear reports for each room and area cleaned including vacant/occupied status,
clean/dirty status, out-of-order status, do not disturb status, bolted doors status, etc.
18. Perform periodic deep cleaning as assigned.
19. Ensure the room is up to brand and Duke Hospitality standards as trained.
20. Turn in all articles left in guest rooms to management immediately as “lost and found”.
21. Maintain safe working conditions and follow all safety and procedural rules and take immediate corrective action
when required to improve and lapse in working conditions.
22. Ensure the safety of yourself, coworkers, guests, and their belongings.
23. Communicate all problems and unusual manners related to employee and guest safety to management immediately. Ensure all appliances in a guest room or public areas are set to correct settings for guest comfort and hotel efficiency. All of the above duties should be performed in a timely and effacement manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall success and objectives of this position.
3. Attention to Detail
4. Ethical & Moral
5. Adherent to Standards
At present, this position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a hotel environment.
• A required uniform will be provided. Maintaining and keeping these uniforms cleaned is your responsibility.
• Working in guest rooms at varying temperatures is to be expected.
• This work is performed generally indoors, but occasional outdoor duties may be assigned.
This position is physically demanding. Bending down, lifting, squatting, pushing, and other physical demands are required in this position. The weight of objects performed while bending, lifting, squatting, pushing, etc. could be up to or exceed 50 lbs. The position might also require ascending and descending stairs. Accepting this job indicates you understand these physical demands and can complete the essential functions of the job that required these physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an hourly position (full-time and part-time). There is no guarantee of hours and there is no obligation to schedule you a certain number of hours or provide a set or defined schedule. This position is scheduled when and as needed based on need. While we desire the best work/life balance for our team, longer/different hours may be required to complete the above
functions. Conversely, we also offer an aggressive and flexible PTO plan for full-time employees only. You can be scheduled on weekdays and weekends. Most often you will be scheduled starting in the mornings through the afternoon, but longer or later hours may be scheduled based on needs. You are expected to complete all assignments before departing your scheduled shift daily. Any overtime hours worked must be approved by the General Manager of the property.