Lake Winfield Scott
Outdoor Recreation & Sporting Activities
Situated high in the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest, Lake Winfield Scott Recreation Area allows you to experience Georgia camping at its finest. The 18-acre lake was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930’s and offers ample opportunities to swim, fish, boat & hike. Sleep under the stars on one of the 31 beautiful campsites, or rent a two-story cabin, accommodating up to 12 people. The Bavarian village of Helen, GA is close by and Atlanta is less than two hours away. Escape the hustle and bustle and visit the best in Georgia mountain camping at Lake Winfield Scott!
- Modern facilities with hot showers
- 2 Picnic shelters (reservation only)
- Rustic two-story cabin accommodates up to 12 people
- Boat ramp and fishing dock
- Make reservations for campsites, cabin or picnics shelters